What am I thankful for? Why am I thankful? Can I be thankful about unpleasant things in my life? How do I show my thankfulness? Here is one idea, make a list of what you are thankful for and update it every day. Here is the start of my thankfulness list:
What I am thankful for (the first five)
- I am thankful just to be alive today. God’s mercies are new every day. I can start each day with a fresh perspective to be better than I was yesterday, to make a difference. I will show that by showing gratitude to others today.
- I am thankful for my family. My wife, who is also my best friend, provides me with wisdom and insights. My children make me smile with their thoughts, opinions, and energy. I ask for favor to reciprocate back the love they have for me.
- I am thankful for my employment. It keeps a roof over my head. I have money coming in for all my necessities plus more. I am trying to be thankful by going the extra mile at work, to deliver with quality and be committed.
- I am thankful for my health. I am not taking any medicine and haven’t had any major medical issues. I must work to take care of my health more diligently.
- I am thankful to see the beauty of God’s creation around me. It is impossible to miss. Wonders of sunsets, mountains, storms, and sunshine can all be in an afternoon. May I show thankfulness by just taking the time to enjoy.
Now, these were 5 quick items I am thankful for. I will continue to update those and add others. Do this for a couple of weeks and then reflect. I am thankful that you took the time to read this. I hope that it will benefit you in the days to come.