The older I get, the less I relish instant gratification, acknowledgement, and self-promotion.
Maybe I just feel confident in my abilities (warning: pride setting in) or apathetic to false platitudes.
Could it be that it isn’t that important anymore? The effort I put into promoting my work could be better spent elsewhere adding even more value. Surely this doesn’t cross the line of arrogance or egocentric behavior.
- We only promote work that seems sensational. Maybe that is why day to day operations work gets overlooked. Find a way to show that value through metrics and measurement.
- We should promote work for awareness as our primary motivator.
- Don’t spend hours on slide decks, when you can sum it up in a few short sentences.
- Realize promoting work is a tool to inform, enhance, and engage with your audience.
- Be humble in the promotion. Give credit to others who came along side, influenced, and sweated over the work.